Friday, November 14, 2008

Longing for home...

I felt many emotions last year, my first year in Haiti, that I expected to feel and many that I DIDN'T expect. This year, however, I have felt completely at home. I love living here, I love working here, I love BEING here. I really feel at home.

Until today.

My brother and his wife had their first baby today. My first nephew was born today. And here I am, stuck across the ocean and not able to see this sweet little baby. Today, for the first time in Haiti, I am a little homesick.

Don't get me wrong, I am still glad to be here. I can't imagine being anywhere else. I just didn't think missing out on this day would be quite so hard. Only 33 more days until I can squeeze on that little fella, and you better believe I will be counting down!

3 comments:

Tara Wasson said...

I had wondered what you were up to, since you have not posted in awhile. Sorry you are missing home a little, but it won't be too long and you can come home and see family and friends. You are doing great work Cady and I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work, the work of the Lord that is needed so badly in this world.

Tara Wasson said...

Happy Thanksgiving Cady!

Anonymous said...

November 29, 2008

When I read this today, it just broke my heart. I had no idea you felt that way. We will be so happy for you to be here. You will fall in love with him the minute you see him.

Love you and miss you,

Mom