Wednesday, August 22, 2007

still sweatin'

i spent all day yesterday working on my classroom. even though i had bought a lot of stuff to decorate the room like "under the sea" i changed my mind. the curtains that were already up in the room had safari animals on them and there was a lot of leftover safari stuff in the closet...so i decided to decorate it like a jungle. i'm trying to come up with something cute to write on the door, but all i can come up with is "welcome to the jungle." contrary to popular belief, i don't think guns 'n roses are (or were EVER) popular in haiti, so i'm not quite sure that would go over well. any suggestions? e-mail me or leave a comment on this post!

i will try to post some pictures of my room when we have a better internet connection.

i know some of you have already heard this story, but i wanted to share it on here too. i have heard from ashley about a little boy named ermilien for years. she always told me how sweet and precious he was, but it wasn't until my own encounter with him that i realized how true this was! ermilien and one of his friends come and get our empty coke bottles and take them, exchange them, and bring back full ones. they usually do all of this for a few haitian dollars (less than 50 cents american). when they got back to our house with the full bottles, we tried to pay ermilien and he said, "no, you can pay me next time. next time i will work for you, but today i am working for jesus."

seriously, does anyone have a 10-year-old daughter they want to marry this kid??? he is precious!

i have really enjoyed my roommates. most of you know ashley, but there is also jen (from north carolina) and kala (from missouri). i thought it would be hard after living alone since brandy left me to get married, but it has been really fun. we've watched a lot of movies and killed lots of mosquitos together.

ok, i have to go apply some more anti-itch lotion to my legs...the bugs let up for a while, but yesterday i got attacked in ashley's classroom. there are some fat mosquitos flying around the first grade classroom today after having a feeding frenzy on my legs!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep the mosquitos away!! Use the bug spray! I don't have my passport yet, and I don't want you to get malaria.

Julie, Tim, and Peyton said...

Cady, we miss you! THCCC is just not the same without your smiling face to greet us in the mornings. Peyton has been praying for you at night and it is just precious. He is quite the prayer warrior. Without a doubt, every night, he prays for you and little Gracie Pitman. Maybe he will be a missionary some day since he prays for missionaries all the time! ;-)

I will pray for relief from the bugs and the heat. I told your mom I want to send you an air conditioner...I am serious! If you want one it is on the next boat. Just let me know. I am too much of a whimp to be a missionary because I couldn't take the heat...or the bugs! I just try to be a quiet example to all my Transy students and hope that they see God through me.

Take care, girl, and I will be checking in and giving your mom lots of hugs for you in your absense.