Friday, August 24, 2007

the God who sees me

He will not let your foot slip-
he who watches over you will not slumber...
The Lord watches over you-
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm-
he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore (Psalm 121:3, 5-6)

i started a daily devotional book on my first day in haiti called "praying the names of God." it is by ann spangler and it has been so appropriate for exactly what i need every single day. each week focuses on a different name for God. the first week was Elohim (the might creator) and this week has been El Roi (the God who sees me). it is so comforting to know that the God of the entire universe never slumbers, never looks one way while we head off in another. He never misses a single that is happening on earth. And just as He is watching over me, He is watching over you. as much as i miss all of you dearly, i know that the God who created this entire world is watching over us both...together.


May the Lord keep watch between you and me when we are away from each other. (Genesis 31:49)

1 comment:

Brandy said...

It is comforting to know that the same God who watches over me is watching over you, too. And I know He will take good care of you. You know, right now would be a good time to sing the theme song from that Feivel (sp?) Goes West movie. You know, the cartoon. "Somewhere Out There" I think was the name of the song. Like you said, there should be a soundtrack to our lives :)

I love you!

Brandy