Sunday, April 27, 2008

April Newsletter

I remember back in August when school started, I constantly thought, "There is NO WAY I will ever love these kids as much as I loved my little kiddos in the United States. I don't speak Creole, so I can't really talk to them very much...they don't speak English, so they can't really talk to me. How will I ever get to know these kids?" And yet, as the year comes to a close, the only thing I can think is "How in the world will I EVER love my kids next year as much as I love these kids I have now??!!" I have grown to love my sweet little babies in ways I NEVER imagined!

They are sweet and funny and all so incredibly smart! It is so encouraging to see these kids who knew nothing in August be able to spout off so many things to me in English. I sure do love my babies.


An Update about Haiti
Rioting and what-not has calmed down in Haiti (we never really saw much action up in our "hillbilly town" of Port-de-Paix, but things in other part of the country were pretty dangerous. I am not exactly sure what is happening with the price of food and fuel, but I do know that the government is supposedly working on something. Please pray for safety for the people of this country as well as enough food for nourishment, especially for our students.

The House of Hope
One of my absolute favorite things to do in Haiti is to hop on a Tap-Tap (or in the back of the Sonlight truck if there is a group here) and head out to La Pointe (the next town over) and go to the House of Hope Children's Hospital. I absolutely love to go chase all the little fellas around the hospital, hold all the precious babies, and just love on some of the most precious little children in the world!

One of the little boys that is ALWAYS at the hospital is sweet little Jean-Baptiste. I met him on my first visit to the House of Hope when I came to visit Haiti in March. I specifically remembered his GREAT BIG eyes and sweet smile. Now, every time I go to the House of Hope, he's the first little guy I look for. I love to chase him and I love to hear his little giggle! He is such a sweet boy!



For more about my most recent adventure in Haiti, check out the post below this one. We were fortunate enough to take a trip to La Tortue (The Pirate Island) and you can check out my pictures from that trip by clicking here.

Prayer Requests-
That I would be able to see Jesus in everyone in Haiti (my kids, my roommates, my co-workers)
That I would be Jesus to everyone in Haiti
We need several new elementary teachers for next year (no experience required!), so please pray for our staff as we "re-assemble" for a new year and a new dynamic.

2 comments:

Tara Wasson said...

Cady,
I just found your blog from your Facebook page. I have read all about your adventures in Haiti. I am so glad that you are able to mission to the people there. It looks like you are doing a wonderful job. I will keep you and the ministry in my prayers. Talk to you later,

Tara
Check out my blog: sprtychik2.blogspot.com

Kim said...

I miss you! Your children are absolutely beautiful, and I'm sure they are going to miss their beautiful teacher! I'm so proud of you and thankful that God put the call on your life to bless the world. You are absolutely amazing! Keep on rocking for Jesus! Can't wait to talk to you over the phone and not via the internet!