Sunday, February 17, 2008

boredom has struck...

First of all, let me preface this with "Yes, I know I am a dork...and Yes, I know this is probably the reason why I am still single at 27 years old."

As many of you already know, there isn't much to do in Haiti. Sure, we watch movies and some TV shows on DVD, but you can only do that for so long...You have to find something else to do to stop the boredom. We occasionally go on hikes or play games, but I have recently found a new hobby...and it's all because my computer broke last semester. Long story short, I had to get a new computer a couple days before I left America to come back here and will not have my old computer (with all my music and files) until sometime soon. My music selection is limited on my new computer (don't worry, I have plenty of Matt Wertz but not nearly enough Justin Timberlake), so I have been using my iPod to play music in my bedroom instead of my computer.

So, I have been listening to all this fun music and if you know me at all, you know if there is music on, I can't sit still...so I have been dancing around my bedroom for the past 3 or 4 days. And I don't just mean bobbing my head...I mean, I could be in a full music video (Brandy - think Shape of My Heart, Sophomore Year). Seriously, it is getting pretty ridiculous...but it is so addictive. It's like a drug and I just can't stop!

Honestly, any music will do...showtunes, hip-hop, 80's, 90's, anything with a beat...but I realized I had a problem when I started dancing to "Come 'on Ride the Train." After about 15 seconds, my first thought was, "How in the world did this song get on my iPod?" quickly followed by "Am I such a junkie that I will reduce myself to dancing to one of my most-hated songs (only slightly hated less than the Cha-Cha Slide...honestly, if you need the song to tell you how to dance, do you really enjoy dancing enough to actually BE dancing? another post for another day...haha!).

I have tried to introduce my roommates to this new phenomenon, but it just hasn't stuck. Ashley tried it last night, and I think she might be a social dancer...she's not quite a dance-a-holic like I am. If you know Ashley at all, it's shocking, I know...You would think she would have been hooked immediately.

Any suggestions for some fun new dancing songs???

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Okay, if you go with my choice...it'll be stuck in your head for days, so listen to it at your own peril. It's the new silly song from The Wizard of Haz...

If it doesn't have a tail it's not a monkey.

Again, it's awesome but it will be in your head for days! Enjoy!

Ashley Pratt said...

Okay...now seriously...who says that it hasn't stuck??
I think if I hadn't been working on that scrapbook, I would have been up dancing with you.
I will try it again...you will see...I will like it.

And doesn't that Cupid Shuffle song tell you how to dance? Thats so strange.

Anonymous said...

you know you like "come on ride that train"!! don't lie!! haha! but it is only complete if you have the train whistle. did that make it to haiti with you???!!