Sunday, March 16, 2008

blah!

when you think about moving to haiti, one of the first things people think about are all the diseases that readily available...like a buffet of illnesses to choose from. everyone thinks, "oh, you are moving to a 3rd-world country...you could get hepatitis and aids and malaria and meningitis..." seriously, the list goes on and on and on...

well, i finally got my first haitian "disease" (although, i'm pretty sure i had this when i was younger too). i got ringworm (most likely from one of my kids). i have a little spot under my arm, which isn't that big of a deal...but i also have a spot of it on my face. seriously...on my face??? how is that even fair? it's really not that bad, and norma has given me some medicine for it, but it seriously grosses me out.

i didn't want to talk about it a whole lot last week, with the southland group here visiting because i didn't want to freak any of them out! it's not really a big deal, it's just annoying.

don't worry, i am not planning on posting any pictures of it on here! yuck!

No comments: