Wednesday, March 5, 2008

When it rains, it pours...

I don't know whose idea it was to have a visiting dentist AND for the "Health Department" to give our kids vaccines all in one week, but it has been NUTS!

Having the dentist here is bad enough! Of course, my students have the worst teeth since most of them have never seen a dentist before. I have already had 2 students get "knocked out" for extensive dental work (one of them has to go back for more) and I have at least 1 more. Many more of my students have to go in to have cavities filled, etc.

And to top it all off, today, the "Health Department" showed up to do vaccines...so not only are 1/2 of my students getting tortured by the dentist, they ALL had to have a shot. And apparently, the people giving the shots aren't really trained medical professionals. I saw some of them sticking the needle in, pulling it back out and sticking it back in the child's arm. I also saw several of my kids wiggle and wriggle because they were in such pain.

There are no pictures today. Preschool was too sad for pictures :(

No comments: