Monday, March 31, 2008

March Newsletter

Visitors
During the spring time, we get a lot of visitors at Sonlight. It is great to meet all kinds of new people from all across the United States...but during March we had a group from my church in Lexington (including several of my close friends). It was absolutely the best week I have had since being in Haiti. Ashley and I got to show off where we live and what we do...and in exchange, our friends made us laugh (A LOT!) and encouraged us in ways they will never know (They also brought us A LOT of chocolate, which was welcomed with open arms!). It was so refreshing to see familiar faces and share my little babies' hugs with them. Thank you to Jonny, Sheila, Amanda, Adam, Blake, Cletus, Katelyn, Kelly, Jessica, Ryan, Sam, Jeremy, and Marijo for making our week so amazing! We love you and hope to see you in Haiti again someday!!!

Amanda with my class


To see all the pictures from this week, click here.


Spring Break

I am just coming off Spring Break! We had a week (plus Good Friday) off from school. Some of the staff took some mini-vacations and some stayed around Port-de-Paix. Since I had my vacation during Mardi Gras Break in February, I stayed around here and we did a few things that we don't normally get to do. We ate at a restaurant downtown owned by some of our students' family (The Marausse's) and we took a nice trip to the beach (see previous post).

And last Thursday, Ashley, Scott, and I had an outing with the Juniors and Seniors at the beach, which was one of the highlights of the week! The kids had a lot of fun and it was really fun getting to know some of the students. It was also nice to be greeted this morning before school by several of the students that I didn't know before the trip!

Me and Ashley with a few of the students after our "Day 'O Fun!"


Cute Clarvensky posing


Prayer Requests:
My 29 beautiful children
My 3 wonderful classroom aides (Mme. Emmanuel, Mme. Aules, and Mr. Thony)
Spring Evaluations--to determine which children are ready to move to Kindergarten.
Babies! Babies! Babies! Pray for all the pregnant teachers and aides (there are at least 5!!!)
Please pray that our men can continue building at the SonCenter.

No comments: